Other Interests and Activities
- Altered states of consciousness as special kinds of mental reality; their experimental and theoretical explanations. These kinds of brain phenomena where studied by A. Kaplan in India in native Indian yogis (Vivekananda Ashram).
- Theoretical and experimental study of self-regulation and neurofeedback. Some studies have been done in the area of Evidence-based Psychotherapy, Behaviour Therapy and Abnormal Psychology.
- A. Kaplan heads Moscow Government project on stress diagnosis (based on pulsometry) in elementary school and university students.
For more details on research projects, see Research of the Human Brain Research Group.
Alexander Kaplan received his M.S., Ph.D., and D.Sci. degrees from the M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State Universuty (Faculty of Biology), Russia. After spending ten years in the department of Higher Nervous Activity as Senior Research Scientist, he joined Department of Human Physiology, where he became Leading Research Scientist and Professor in Psychophysiology, Head of the Human Brain Research Group and later, Head of the Laboratory for Neurophysiology and Neuro-Computer Interfaces.
In 2003, he received Russian Government Science and Technology Prize (the top governmental science award).
supervised at Human Brain Research Group by A.Kaplan:
- Arina G. Kochetova (1997) Inter-hemispheric asymmetry and visual-motor processes in humans during operator mnestic activity.
- Sergei L. Shishkin (1997) A study of synchronization of instants of abrupt changes in human EEG alpha activity.
- Lotfali M. Massoumi (Islamic Republic of Iran) (1997) Experimental analysis of caffeine and sydnocarb influence on memory recollection in humans.
- Alexander A. Fingelkurts (1998) Some regularities of human EEG spectral patterns dynamics during cognitive activity.
- Andrew A. Fingelkurts (1998) Time-spatial organization of human EEG segmental structure.
- Anastasia V. Kovaleva (1999) Physiological and psychological prerequisites of adaptation disruptions in children of 1-3 school year.
- Sergei V. Borisov (2002) Investigation of the phasic structure of human EEG alpha-rhythm.
- Ekaterina V. Levichkina (2007) EEG investigation of the mechanisms of visual image development in human.
- Alexander Yu. Zhigalov (2009) A study of human EEG alpha activity dynamics in the brain computer interface loop.
- Andrey S. Romanov (2012) A study of spatial synchronization of human evoked brain electrical activity in response to acoustic stimuli using wavelet analysis.
- Ilya P. Ganin (2013) The P300 based brain-computer interface: a study of the repetition and stimulus movement effects.
- Anatoly N. Vasilyev (2018) Activation patterns of human sensorimotor cortex during motor imagery.
- Sofya P. Liburkina (2018) Ideomotor training with brain-computer interface in neurorehabilitation.
- Nikolay V. Syrov, PhD project
- Lev V. Yakovlev, PhD project
- Anna S. Pronina, PhD project
- Ivan A. Basul, PhD project (co-advisor: V. A. Barabanschikov)
- Rafael Grigorian, PhD project